Digital Marketing is a marketing approach to target the audience using the Internet. Any users connected with laptops, smartphones, smart TV or tabs are considered as digital audience, whom we reach with Digital Marketing.
Digital Audience in India
In the today’s environment, the digital audience are growing at a very fast pace. As per 2014 reports the total Internet users in India are 243,198,922. As per the reports Indian internet users are growing @ 14% YoY. As the number of users are growing Digital Marketing has become very crucial to reach these audience.
Digital Marketing Platforms
To reach our target audience we have many different channels in digital media. Every channel is used based on client business and target audience. Few of the important channels are
- Search Engines
- Social Media Sites
- Mobile Apps
- Video websites
- Gaming Platforms
Growth of Digital Marketing Industry in India
Due to heavy growth in smartphones and tab industry, the digital audience are growing rapidly. As per an eMarketer Reports the smartphone and tab penetration is growing in India, can expect high growth in next 3 years.
Digital Marketing Strategies
In digital marketing we have many different strategies to reach our target audience. Some of the most important strategies are listed below
- Search engine optimization – Reaching the audience from organic search results.
- Pay Per Click advertising – Reaching the audience by paid advertising on search engines.
- Display Advertising – Target the audience using various websites.
- ReMarketing Advertising – Target those audience who already visited our website.
- Video Marketing – Target the audience on video networks like YouTube, Daily Motion etc.
- Mobile Marketing – To target the audience using mobiles, smartphones and Tabs.
- Social Media Marketing – Target the audience on Social Networks.
- Email Marketing – To reach the target audience via email platforms.
- Affiliate Marketing – To reach the target audience by using affiliate networks.
- Digital Analytics – To measure the success or failure of overall campaign.
Each strategy is implemented with certain goals and proper measurement metrics are tracked to understand the outcome of the campaign. Many career opportunities in digital marketing are growing in India.