Trademark is a graphical mark, which differentiate one product from the another product. It can be a phrase, design, symbol, single word or cluster of designs, symbols, phrases and words. It is done for the below-mentioned reasons:
- It is done on word, label, signature, numeric, heading and symbol
- It is done on slogan, punch line and base.
- It is done to protect the owner
- It is good advertisement of products and services
- It increase the purchase of the product
- It gives loyalty
- it becomes a style statement for a consumer
Why you need Trademark Registration?
Both customers and business owners get tremendous benefit from this registration. It helps the business to create an identity and helps in the expansion of business. It also helps the consumers to understand the reputation of the company.
- The owner has full right on the product and service
Advantages/Benefits of Trademark Registration
Trademarks benefit both businesses and consumers. Trademarks allow businesses to build an identity and reputation with customers, and thereby grow or expand their business. They allow consumers to take an informed buying decision by searching out familiar brand names and avoid bad buying experiences by avoiding the brands they didn’t like.
- Confers upon the owner the exclusive right to use the brand.
- Protects hard earned goodwill in the business.
Protects your Name / Brand Name from being used in a same or similar fashion, by any other business firm, thus discourages others from cashing on your long built goodwill.
Gives your products a status of ‘Branded Goods’.
- To obtain legal relief in respect of infringement (misuse by others) of the trade mark.
- Power to assign (transfer) the trade mark to others for consideration.
Trademark Registration Process